TRAFFIC ADVISORY: 2015 Marine Corps Marathon
The Metropolitan Police Department and US Park Police wish to advise the public and members of the media of the street closures in conjunction with the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday, October 25, 2015.
The race begins at 8 am in Arlington, Virginia, and then crosses the Potomac River into the District of Columbia. The following streets along the race route will be closed beginning at 4 am and are expected to re-open by 1 pm:
- Francis Scott Key Bridge
- Canal Road, NW – from M Street, NW to Reservoir Road, NW
- Reservoir Road, NW –from MacArthur Boulevard, NW to Canal Road, NW
- MacArthur Boulevard, NW –from Foxhall Road, NW to Reservoir Road, NW
- Foxhall Road, NW – from Canal Road, NW to MacArthur Boulevard, NW
- M Street, NW – from Canal Road, NW to Wisconsin Avenue, NW
- Wisconsin Avenue, NW – from M Street, NW to K Street, NW
- K Street, NW – from Wisconsin Avenue, NW to Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway
- Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway, NW - from K Street, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Memorial Bridge
- West Potomac Park
- East Potomac Park (access to Golf Course and Tennis Courts available)
- Maine Avenue, SW – from East Basin Drive, SW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Independence Avenue, SW – from Maine Avenue, SW to Ohio Drive, SW
- Ohio Drive, SW –between independence Avenue, SW and Lincoln Circle, SW
- Lincoln Circle, SW – from Ohio Drive, SW to Henry Bacon Drive, NW
- 23rd Street, NW –from Lincoln Circle, NW to Constitution Avenue, NW
- Constitution Avenue, NW – from Bacon Drive, NW to 15th Street, NW
- 15th Street – from Constitution Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- 17th Street – from Constitution Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Madison Drive, NW – from 15th Street, NW to 3rd Street, NW 3rd Street, NW – from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Independence, SW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – from 3rd Street, NW to East Capitol Circle, NW
- 1st Street – Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Maryland Avenue, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW – from South Capitol Circle, SW to 3rd Street, SW
- Jefferson Drive, SW – from 3rd Street, SW to 15th Street, SW
- 14th Street, SW – from Jefferson Drive, SW to Northbound HOV lanes
- HOV lanes – from 14th Street, SW to HOV ramp at South Eads Street, NW
**Westbound M Street will remain open up to Wisconsin Ave NW. Motorists will be forced to turn north on Wisconsin Avenue NW from M Street NW or east from Wisconsin Avenue NW to M Street NW. Westbound M Street NW will remain open unless otherwise determined.
A course map as well as additional information regarding street closures in Arlington County is posted at www.marinemarathon.com, the official race website.
Due large crowds associated with this event, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. Police will reopen the roadways as soon as possible, provided doing so does not interfere with the race. Metrorail will begin service at 5:00 am on Sunday, October 25, 2015. Due to traffic delays, race participants and spectators are highly encouraged to use public transportation.