There are a number of sites where you can download and explore official DC Government data and other information.
Data and Information Sources
The Open Data Catalog provides hundreds of District government datasets, available as raw downloads in a variety of formats, and through APIs.
Outside of the Data Catalog, you can find:
- DC Regulations and DC Register - District regulations, the District Register and Mayoral Orders
- Budget and Revenue - comprehensive information about the District’s budget
- Contracts and Procurement - provides contracting information from a variety of agency sources
- Map Data - map interfaces for exploring data, including crime statistics, public school profiles, detailed property information
- Purchase Order Spending and Purchase Card Spending
- Public Employee Salary Information - salary information about District employees
- Public Safety Data - emergency response data, crime data, and more
- School Data - school performance and facility information
- Real Property Data - property tax records, land records and deeds, zoning regulations and maps, District property records, and more
Government Performance Dashboards
The District also maintains several goverment performance dashboards:
- Track DC - provides performance information on all District agencies
- Grade DC - reports on resident grading of 15 District agencies and enables residents to provide input for the next monthly grades
Locating Agency Records
For some agencies, these records do not exist and are not listed. In cases where records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible.
- Public Employee Salary Information;
- Administrative staff manuals and instructions;
- Final opinions made in the adjudication of cases;
- Statements of policy;
- Other agency determinations of the rights of the public;
- Information dealing with the receipt or expenditure of public funds;
- Budget information;
- Minutes of public meetings;
- Absentee owners addresses, and building permits;
- Frequently requested public records
- District-wide and agency FOIA reports;
- Organizational chart;
- A mechanism for the public to submit feedback on the agency’s performance or other agency actions.
Finding and Submitting FOIA Requests
Frequently requested public records that have been released under FOIA can be found in the FOIA Reading Room.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for there or elsewhere on DC.Gov, you can submit a FOIA Request online.