DPR Announces the Fall/Winter 2014-2015 Permits Schedule
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Today, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced the Fall/Winter 2014-2015 permits schedule. The permit window dates for the upcoming season are currently posted on the DPR website on the Athletic Fields permit page. DPR issues permits outdoor fields, courts, and indoor gymnasiums on a seasonal schedule, either Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer.
Prior to each scheduling season, DPR opens a 'permit window' - a time period during which the agency will accept permit applications. Applications received during the permit window are reviewed and applicants are notified of their permit status during the 'notification period'. DPR will handle all late permit requests for fields and gyms in the order they are received. Late permit requests will be processed after all on-time permit requests, submitted during the permit window, have been processed. The permit application can be found on DPR's Permits page or by clicking http://app.dpr.dc.gov/permits/index.asp.
The Fall/Winter 2014-2015 permit season is: Fall 2014 - Saturday, August 23 through Sunday, November 30, 2014; and Winter 2015 - Monday, December 1, 2014 through Friday, March 20, 2015.
The permit window is as follows:
- Permit Application Window: Monday, June 16 through Friday, June 27, 2014
- Application Deadline: 11:59 pm on Friday, June 27, 2014
- Permit Notifications: The week of August 4, 2014
DPR schedules all athletic field and gymnasium permits in an order of preference:
- DPR programs
- DC public schools and public charter schools
- DPR partners (organizations that have an executed DPR partnership agreement)
- Private youth leagues and teams
Private adult leagues
It is important to remember the following facts when applying for a permit:
- Please note that DPR's grass (natural turf) fields will go offline on Friday, November 21, 2014. Grass fields will reopen for the Spring/Summer season on Saturday, March 21, 2015.
- Artificial fields (synthetic turf) and indoor basketball courts and gyms are available to be permitted year-round.
- Requests received after the permit window has closed will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis and applicants will be notified of their status.