DC Public Schools Welcomes New Principals, Teachers, and Administrators for the 2021-2022 School Year
(Washington, DC) — As DC Public Schools (DCPS) prepares for the start of the 2021-2022 School Year, it welcomes more than 700 new educators and 16 new school leaders. They join a community of over 9,000 staff across 116 schools, and a central office that will work together to welcome students back for in-person learning and provide a world-class public school education that is rigorous and joyful.
“Our educators, principals, and district leaders are at the heart of our mission to build back stronger than before as we look to create joyful and rigorous learning opportunities for our students and make progress toward educational equity for our community,” said Chancellor Lewis D. Ferebee. “We look forward to welcoming all our staff back in the classroom as we open our doors for in-person learning for every student, every day on August 30.”
SY21-22 Principal Announcements
Principals lead a school community and ensure they have the best systems in place to support toward student success. Learn more about the new and interim principals for SY21-22 and read their bios on the DCPS website.
- Greg Bargeman - Wilson High School (Interim)
- LaCondria Beckwith - Ketcham Elementary School
- Brandon Clayton - Takoma Elementary School
- Latisha Coleman - Johnson Middle School (Interim)
- Shaunte Daniel - Excel Academy (Interim)
- Shawna Dix - Browne Education Campus
- Katrel Angry - Miner Elementary School (Interim)
- Amelia Hunt - Military Road Early Learning Center
- Sylvia Isaac - School Without Walls High School
- Dwan Jordon - DCPS Virtual Learning Program
- Demetrius Lucas - Hendley Elementary School
- Julian Pineda - Oyster-Adams Bilingual School
- Karen Rivas - Stoddert Elementary School
- Danielle Singh - Janney Elementary School
- Rachel Williams - Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School
- Shanna Young - School Without Walls @ Francis-Stevens
Central Office Leadership Announcements
Behind every teacher and principal is a great team, and DCPS announces the following central office appointments to its school leadership team. Read more about our leadership team at this link.
- Kim Jackson, Chief, Elementary Schools
- Dr. Drewana Bey, Chief, Secondary Schools
- Dr. JuDonn DeShields, Instructional Superintendent
- Kimberly Martin, Instructional Superintendent
- Tenia Pritchard, Instructional Superintendent
Substitute Teacher Applications Now Open
Substitute teachers are integral to the success of school programs, and a great way to start or continue your education career. DCPS offers some of the most competitive pay for substitute teachers in the region and is pleased to announce an increase in full and half-day rates for the upcoming school year. Also, new for SY21-22, candidates who hold an Associate Degree and are either a retired teacher (DCPS and other U.S. School Districts) or have 1-2 years’ experience working with students in a classroom setting are encouraged to apply.
Learn more and get started at dcps.dc.gov/page/substitute.