Top Searches

Washington, DC

Bookmark and Share


permits, licenses and cerfitications
Apply for a Tree Permit - several adults and children assiting to plant a tree

Residents and contractors who wish to plant, prune, or remove a tree within the public right of way must  obtain permission from the Urban Forestry Administration.

Get a permit icon
Boiler Permit Graphic

To add, replace, remodel or repair fuel-burning or unfired pressure vessel equipment such as furnaces or boilers, you must apply for a boiler permit.

Corporate Registration Logo

Corporations Division of Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs can provide general information including corporate registration requirements.

Doing business in DC

Send a letter to the Office of the Mayor, Board and Commissions expressing your desire to serve, along with a brief resume.

Lined paper with ink pen

Tour Guide license is regulated by the Occupational and Professional Licensing Administration. Visit the District of Columbia Tour Guide page for more information on Tour Guide licensing.

Permits, Licenses and Certifications icon
Public Space Tree Permit - tree-lined sidewalk scene

Residents or contractors who wish to plant, prune or remove a tree within the Public Right-of-Way must first obtain permission from DDOT's Urban Forestry Administration (UFA).

 Streets, public places and traffic
Specail Tree Permit - tree-lined downtown street scene

The removal of public or private property trees at least 55 inches in circumference, which is equivalent to 17.51 inches in diameter, requires a Special Tree Removal Permit.

 Streets, public places and traffic
Tour Bus Parking - side view of white tour bus from back to front

The following pages include directions to several neighborhoods, major attractions, nearest Metrorail stops (METRO) and available parking for motorcoaches in Washington, DC.

Briefcase with DC logo

Certain license categories can be verified using the business license verification system.

Permits, licenses and certifications service icon
graphic of a magnifying glass over background of computer code

Check to see if an insurance, securities, or financial individual or institution is licensed.