The District of Columbia
For the Media
Find the latest information on the Mayor’s activities and initiatives to move the District forward as a world-class city and global capital for all:
On behalf of the Mayor, The Executive Office of the Mayor (EOM), Office of Communications manages the Mayor’s media inquiries and interview requests in coordination with the Mayor’s Scheduling Office.
Below are some important steps to secure an interview with the Mayor:
- All requests shall be submitted via the Media Inquiry Form, at least two weeks in advance, when possible.
- Acknowledgement of receipt will be submitted in writing within 24 hours or the next business day.
- All requests shall be reviewed within two days, during regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday 9 am ‐ 6 pm.
- Upon final review of the request, notification of confirmation will be communicated [in writing] from the Mayor’s Office of Communications.
Scheduling will be dependent on:
a. Mayor’s availability
c. Other requests for same date/time that potentially conflict
All requests shall be submitted through the Media Inquiry Form below.
- EOM Communications will make every effort to honor its commitments. However, we do reserve the right to cancel if extenuating circumstances develop. In such a case, we will notify the principal contact immediately and work to reschedule for a different time/date (if possible).
- In the case of a cancellation by the principal contact, they should notify EOM Communications immediately.
Again, we thank you for your interest and welcome the opportunity to accommodate your request.