DCPS Calendar for School Year 2013-2014
Download the SY 2013-2014 Calendar
2013-14 Pictorial Calendar English Version
2013-14 Pictorial Calendar Spanish Version
Thank you for your interest in the calendar for School Year 2013/2014. We appreciate the many teachers, principals and parents that provided feedback as we worked to develop our final calendar. We specifically wanted to note several changes to the Calendar.
- Originally, Friday December 13th was a planned teacher professional development day. Friday, Dec. 13 will now be an instructional day. Students and teachers will report to school on Friday, Dec. 13.
- This professional development day will instead be held on Monday, Jan. 6, which had originally been an instructional day. Students will not report to school on Monday, Jan. 6. Teachers will report to school on Monday, Jan. 6. For students and families, this change will represent one additional vacation day as part of Winter Break. For teachers, this will now be a professional development day instead of an instructional day.
- Due to the testing window for DC CAS being scheduled by the Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE) for March 31 - April 11, the professional development day that was originally scheduled for Friday, April 4 will instead be changed to an instructional day. Students and teachers will report to school on Friday, April 4.
- UPDATE: Due to the AP Exam testing window, the professional development date of Friday, May 9 is now changed to Friday, May 2. Students and teachers should report to school on May 9. Students will not report to school on May 2. Teachers will report to school on May 2.
- UPDATE: Due to inclement weather, DC Public School students have lost 3 days of school. The current DCPS calendar has 181 school days scheduled. This means we need to recover 2 days of school to meet the 180 day minimum mandated by DC Municipal Regulations. We have received a lot of feedback and have revised the 2013-2014 calendar to make-up these inclement weather days.
What did we change?
-Tuesday, June 2 is no longer a Parent/Teacher Conference Day. Students are expected to report to school on time for a full day of instruction.
-Thursday, June 19 was previously scheduled as the last day of school. It is now a full day of instruction and/or testing.
-Friday, June 20 is now the last day of school for SY 13/14. Students will be released at 12:15 p.m.
*Pending an agreement with the Washington Teachers' Union, June 23 is currently scheduled as a Professional Development Day.
What happens if we have more inclement weather days?
In the event of additional inclement weather days or unforeseen events, we have several options for making up time and are interested in hearing your suggestions. Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. You may send your questions or concerns to Christopher Rinkus at email@example.com or (202) 442-5679. Thank you.